Monday, November 21, 2011

Pails O' Potatoes


I saw some folks on YT doing just this, and figured I too would make a video showing just how simple it is to grow your own food, in this case potatoes,using old beat up garbage pails, some dirt, and a few old potatoes that might have just ended up in the compost heap or worse, the trash. These pails are set on a stretch of concrete that lines that edge of the property. I wanted to point that out as I often hear people say sun shines on their concrete and therefore cannot garden. The pails were ratty and were really unusable for taking out the trash as the bottoms were well worn away making drainage a non factor. The potatoes grow from the sides of the stalk and as the stalks push up through the soil I add more. Later in the year I hope to turn these containers out onto a tarp and show you a pail of potatoes. Put that in your pierogi! Seriously...

Cheep K Cup Coupons Printable




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links